Application Privacy Statement
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to the treatment of personally identifiable information submitted by, or otherwise obtained from, you in connection with the associated application (“Application”). The Application is provided by SMARTADDRESS, INC. (and may be provided by SMARTADDRESS, INC. on behalf of a SMARTADDRESS, INC. licensor or partner (“Application Partner”). By using or otherwise accessing the Application, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Privacy Statement.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES SMARTADDRESS, INC. COLLECT?
We collect the following types of information from our users:Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We may receive and store any information you submit to the Application (or otherwise authorize us to obtain – such as, from (for example) your Facebook account). The types of personal information collected may include your full name, email address, gender, IP address, browser information, username, demographic information, and any other information necessary for us to provide the Application services. Personal Information Collected Automatically:
We receive and store certain types of usage related information whenever you interact with Application. For example, SMARTADDRESS, INC. may automatically receive and record information regarding your computer’s IP address, browser information, Facebook user ID, Facebook Page fan status, and URLs accessed. Such information may be shared in aggregate (non-personally identifiable) form with our partners.
HOW DOES SMARTADDRESS, INC. USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
SMARTADDRESS, INC. uses the information described in this Privacy Statement (i) internally, to analyze, develop and improve its products and services, and (ii) as set forth below in the “Will SMARTADDRESS, INC. Share any of the personal information it Collects” section below.
APPLICATION PARTNER TREATMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
WILL SMARTADDRESS, INC. SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Personal information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone (with the exception of sharing your information with an applicable Application Partner – see the “Application Partner Treatment” section above). We share your personal information only as described below.
Application Partners: We will share your personal information with an applicable Application Partner (see the “Application Partner Treatment” section above).
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, SMARTADDRESS, INC.’s agents do not have any right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of personal information for the above purposes. Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if SMARTADDRESS, INC., or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that SMARTADDRESS, INC. goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of SMARTADDRESS, INC. may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of SMARTADDRESS, INC. and Others: We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SMARTADDRESS, INC., our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
CONDITIONS OF USE
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS/WEBSITES
The Application may permit you to link to other applications or websites. Such third party applications/websites are not under SMARTADDRESS, INC.’s control, and such links do not constitute an endorsement by SMARTADDRESS, INC. of those other applications/websites or the services offered through them. The privacy and security practices of such third party application/websites linked to the Application are not covered by this Privacy Statement, and SMARTADDRESS, INC. is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of such websites.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
SMARTADDRESS, INC. allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list may change in the event the Application changes.– Account and user profile information
– User e-mail address, if applicable
– Facebook profile information, if applicable
– User preferences
– Application specific data
CAN CHILDREN USE THE APPLICATION?
Our site and the services available through SMARTADDRESS, INC. are not intended for children under the age of 13. SMARTADDRESS, INC. does not knowingly or specifically collect information about children under the age of 13 and believes that children of any age should get their parents’ consent before giving out any personal information. We encourage you to participate in your child’s web experience.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
We think it is important that you are able to control your Personal Data. Under applicable data protection laws, you may be entitled to exercise the following rights where we Process Personal Data about you:
- the right to access Personal Data that we hold about you, to ask us for copies of your Personal Data and to request information about the related Processing activities;
- the right to ask us to rectify Personal Data you think is inaccurate and to require us to complete Personal Data you think is incomplete;
- the right to require us to delete your Personal Data in certain circumstances. There will be instances where this right is restricted, such as where it is necessary to continue to Process your Personal Data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- the right to require us to restrict how we Process your Personal Data in certain circumstances (e.g. if you dispute its accuracy, we may restrict its Processing until your complaint is resolved);
- the right to require us to transfer your Personal Data to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances; or
- where we Process your Personal Data on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. We will make this a simple and easy process for you (e.g. through ‘unsubscribe’ links in our marketing communications). Please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of Processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- where we Process your Personal Data on the basis of legitimate interest, you have the right to object such Processing at any time in certain circumstances. There will be instances where this right is restricted, such as where we have an overriding legitimate ground to continue to Process your Personal Data. Furthermore, where we Process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you have a right to object to such Processing at any time.
Should you wish to exercise any rights in connection with your Personal Data, please email us at email@example.com. We will process any request in accordance with any local laws and our policies and procedures. We aim to respond to enquiries within 7 working days, but it may take us up to 30 days to comply with valid requests.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
SMARTADDRESS, INC. may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Use of information we collect now is subject to the Privacy Statement in effect at the time such information is used. If we make changes in the way we use personal information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our Site or sending you an email. Users are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when he or she uses or otherwise accesses the Application after such changes have been first posted.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Website, please send us a detailed message at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: Jan 10, 2022